[XeTeX] Beamer with xelatex ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 30 22:21:54 CEST 2006

Am 30.08.2006 um 21:23 schrieb jropers at freesurf.fr:

> With pgf 1.0.1 and the last binaries for win32 :
>
> I get the following error messages :
> xelatex: unrecognized option `-q'
> xelatex: unrecognized option `-E''

OK, this is my fault, I automatically assumed you were on Mac OS X.
Outside Mac OS X you do not need to add anything because xdvipdfmx is
the default programme to convert XeTeX's XDV output to PDF.

> and
> ! Package pgfsys Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-xetex.def'' not found..
> See the pgfsys package documentation for explanation.
> l.761 ...ver file ``\pgfsysdriver'' not found.}{}}

Did you use Morten's recommendation?

   \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}
   \usepackage{tikz}

Do you load any packages with [xetex]? Then either remove this option
or change it to dvipdfm. Outside Mac OS X you must avoid using the
[xetex] option. The \special's generated are meant for Mac OS X's
xdv2pdf convertor. Since outside Mac OS X xdvipdfmx is used to
convert XDV to PDF you need to use [dvipdfm] as option when loading
some package – or nothing, because most packages are clever enough to
find the right 'driver.'

(I seem to have this pgfsys-dvipdfm.def file, too, already, but the
LOG shows that only dvips is used. There might be something in beamer
to adjust for me ... I'll have to read a bit!)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Real Time, adj.:
Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there and then.