[XeTeX] transliterated sanskrit/hindi

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Wed Aug 30 16:55:32 CEST 2006

Hello Alexander.

Le 30 août 06 à 15:29, Alexander Giebler a écrit :

> a.)There was no problem to install gcc from developer tools but after
> entering the string this happens:
>   -bash: gcc: command not found
> what could i made wrong?

It should be in /usr/bin. Can you see it on the list if you do:

ls /usr/bin

> b.)Thanks for the link and the .tex file. This works very fine but
> anyway I´m very new on mac os so I tried to put in the diacritics but
> i have no idea how to define shortcuts for the unicodes like alt+a
> for long vowel a or alt+s for retroflex s .

The best solution is to create a keyboard layout with Ukelele:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=ukelele

It may take a little time but it's worth it. For Devanagari, since
you have a QWERTY keyboard, I suppose, you can select the Devanagari-
QWERTY keyboard layout in System Preferences/International.

Best wishes,

Yves