[XeTeX] Super- and subscript take up too much space

Alex Lubberts alex at lubberts.org
Fri Aug 25 18:34:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again, but I've noticed another problem. The numbers
in \vfrac, as well as the text in \super- and \subscript seem to take up
too much space. If I run this file:
-----
\documentclass[dutch,a4paper,12pt]{article}

\usepackage{babel}
\usepackage{euler,fontspec,graphicx}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase,
                     Mapping=tex-text,
                     Numbers={OldStyle,Proportional}}
\setromanfont{Chaparral Pro}
\setsansfont{Myriad Pro}
\setmonofont{Courier Std}

\begin{document}
Fractions take up too much space: \vfrac{12}{14}; as do super- and
subscripts:
super\textsuperscript{ab}, sub\textsubscript{12}.
\end{document}
-----
I get the attached file as a result. What to do?

Regards,
Alex