[XeTeX] segfault with xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Aug 25 15:28:44 CEST 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, at 1:32 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

>> Of course, any segfault is a bug at some level.... usually because of
>> some unexpected situation where the code doesn't handle an error
>> condition properly. So it would be good to identify exactly what's
>> happening. I'm not sure what you mean by "\setromanfont has no system
>> font", though. Your document says \setromanfont{Epigraphica}, I
>> guess; so what Epigraphica fonts are installed, and where?
>
> Epigraphica is actually a typo, the installed font is actually
> Epigrafica (http://myria.math.aegean.gr/labs/dt/fonts-en.html). What I
> meant is that my system has no font with this family name.

I notice that the naming in those fonts is actually a bit
inconsistent; the "ph" form occurs in some of the names within the
fonts. Perhaps they decided to change it at some point during
development, but didn't fix all occurrences. However, I don't think
that necessarily explains the crash you're seeing.

Do you get the same crash if you enter a completely "junk" font name,
like \setromanfont{MyBadFontName}? How about if you try a simple
\font command like  \font\x="SillyNonExistentFontName" at 12pt ? Or
does it only happen with the "ph" typo for Epigrafica?