[XeTeX] fontsizes and interlinear space

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 14:48:35 CEST 2006

On 22/08/2006, at 20:55 , Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> is there any way to set the roman font default size to 14pt using
> fontspec?

No, this is a feature that must be offered by the (LaTeX) class.
memoir, for example, offers sizes up to 17pt:
   \documentclass[14pt,article,oneside]{memoir}
(If you're used to the article class; otherwise, without the
[article] option, it will emulate the book class. N.B. that even with
the article option, you need to use \chapter as the top level
sectioning command.)

Despite its name, this class is very flexible and highly recommended.

> Using XeLaTeX, I experience something that I have never experienced in
> LaTeX (as far as I can remember). Paragraphs do have different
> interlinear spaces within the same paragraph.
>
> Probably this is caused by a flawed font design (('m using GFS Didot),
> but I wonder whether there is a way to fix this with XeTeX.

Maybe, maybe not.
You'll need to be more precise; can you post a minimal example of a
paragraph that does this?

Cheers,
Will