[XeTeX] fontspec: two things

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Aug 20 20:12:42 CEST 2006

On 20 Aug 2006, at 12:41 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Herb has pointed out a bug in the latest version of fontspec,
> v1.11, which is installed in XeTeX 0.995. *Every* AAT feature that
> switches something off (E.g., "Ligatures=NoCommon" or
> "Contextuals=NoLineFinal") currently do not work. Yikes.

Just a note of clarification.... I don't think it's really fair to
refer to this as a bug in fontspec, although that's how it manifested
itself to users. The underlying cause was a change in the behavior of
a XeTeX feature, which was an unforeseen side-effect of a bug-fix
necessary for reliability on Intel-based Macs. But as the change was
entirely unannounced (and unanticipated), fontspec (or Will) can't be
held responsible for the resulting glitch... any fingers of blame
should point my way.

> I'm not ready for a new release, but if you want the fix to this
> problem (note it only affects AAT fonts on Mac OS X), you can grab
> the latest version from the svn repository:
>   <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/
> fontspec/fontspec.sty>

Having said that, many thanks for so promptly updating fontspec to
take account of the change! All is well once again. :-)