[XeTeX] Strangeness with Minion Pro Opticals Small Caps

Peter Heslin pj at heslin.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 00:45:49 CEST 2006

Consider the following minimal test case:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont{Minion Pro}
\begin{document}

\scshape

{\Large
This is silly}

This is silly

\end{document}

The first, large "This is silly" looks fine, with correct small-caps.

The second one, at regular size, has a "Th" ligature instead of the
small cap T and H, and the three instances of the letter "i" have a
single dot on top of the small-cap I.  The other letters are OK.

I have the Minion Pro Opticals installed, so these are coming from
different fonts -- Acrobat Reader confirms that the file has the sub-head
size for the larger text and regular size for the normal size text which
is acting strangely.

I tried svn updating both xetex and xdvipdfmx.  I'm on Linux (Ubuntu
Dapper amd64).

--
Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)