[XeTeX] An example of the use of \x="[filename]"

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Aug 18 15:50:45 CEST 2006

On 18 Aug 2006, at 2:32 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

>> What do:
>>
>>   which xdvipdfmx
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/xdvipdfmx
>
>>   ls -l `which xdvipdfmx`
>
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 sgm  admin  3884692 Aug 16 07:29 /usr/local/teTeX/
> bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/xdvipdfmx

Yup, that's what I packaged with 0.995. Then I'm baffled.... it reads
BernhardModernStd-Bold.otf (and others) fine for me.

I suppose the next thing to do would be kpathsearch tracing, but that
produces huge quantities of output to sift through; maybe it's
failing to locate the file for some path-related reason. From the
Terminal, run

   xetex -no-pdf xpdmftest.tex

to get an .xdv file. Then run

   KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1 xdvipdfmx xpdmftest >trace.txt 2>&1

and zip up the resulting trace.txt file and send to me (offlist!).
Oh, and please send me the .xdv file, too.

Sorry for the hassle! I'm currently in the dark on this one.