[XeTeX] XeTeX: ready for full-time math?

Andrew Arana aarana at ksu.edu
Thu Aug 17 16:56:42 CEST 2006

I noticed Herb Schulz's example using an equation earlier, and
wondered if this meant that XeTeX was ready to be used for
mathematics--intensive documents yet. Herb was using a font I don't
currently have (Minion Pro) for math mode, but I imagine there are
other good choices. I recall some time back not too far that there
was concern that for heavy math use, XeTeX wasn't yet the best
choice. Is there any consensus on whether that's changed? If it has,
could anyone offer any suggestions for what fonts work best in math
mode? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Andy Arana