[XeTeX] XeTeX Win32 PDF file output error

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 7 14:01:35 CEST 2006

Le 6 août 06 à 13:21, Maurice Bauhahn a écrit :

> The path is: c:\usr\local\jul2006\41Matt.tex

This may be complete nonsense (I'm no Windows user, for one thing),
but I've sometimes encountered applications which have problems with
filenames beginning with numbers. In your case, the error message in
your original posting started with (I suppose it was cut-and-paste
from the 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem window):

Command Prompt- ..\bin\xetex 41 Matt.tex

This might indicate that somewhere in the PDF generation process
xetex or xdvipfmx has separated "41" and "Matt.tex" in the file name.

Do things change if you remove the "41" at the beginning of the file
name? Or change the name to Matt41.tex, say?

Bruno Voisin