[XeTeX] SBL Hebrew

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Aug 4 21:26:34 CEST 2006

On 4 Aug 2006, at 6:48 pm, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> Malte Rosenau wrote:
>> BTW: There seemes to be some sort of conflict between XeTeX and
>> SBL Hebrew: The Meteg accent in ha'arez (last word in Gen 1:1) is all
>> wrong. In Mellel, however, the accent looks fine with SBL Hebrew.
>>

> You may want to send samples of this behavior to the font’s developer,
> John Hudson at john at tiro.ca .

It's certainly possible that there is a bug in XeTeX or ICU that is
causing this (it wouldn't be the first such instance!).
Alternatively, it could be an error in the font, but one that
different layout engines handle in different ways.

Could you provide a minimal text file that shows the problem, along
with both incorrect and correct renderings using SBL Hebrew, so I can
compare the results?

Thanks,