[XeTeX] 'regular' font not found

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Aug 3 20:41:20 CEST 2006

Some specifics below, but first, a note that all of the below ``just
works'' w/ the latest, greatest version of XeTeX compiled from the
code updated by subversion a day or two ago --- this is on Mac OS X
--- are you using Windows or Linux?

Thanks!

William

On Aug 3, 2006, at 1:46 PM, Alex Lubberts wrote:

> Font “Garamond Premier Pro”; is actually "GaramondPremrPro-Capt" at
> 6.0pt.
> Font “Garamond Premier Pro”; is actually "GaramondPremrPro-Capt" at
> 11.0pt.
> Font “Garamond Premier Pro”; is actually "GaramondPremrPro-Subh"
> at 18.0pt.

This is caused by bad data in the font. Adobe is aware of this and
will eventually issue an up-date.

> Font “Chaparral Pro”; is actually "ChaparralPro-Capt" at 6.0pt.
> Font “Chaparral Pro”; is actually "ChaparralPro-Subh" at 11.0pt.
> Font “Chaparral Pro”; is actually "ChaparralPro-Subh" at 18.0pt.

Hmm, wonder if it's something similar here.

> Font “Gill Sans Std”; is actually "GillSansStd-Condensed" at 6.0pt.
> Font “Gill Sans Std”; is actually "GillSansStd-Condensed" at 11.0pt.
> Font “Gill Sans Std”; is actually "GillSansStd-Condensed" at 18.0pt.

I'm not having this difficulty when using XeTeX, LaTeX and Will
Robertson's fontspec package, nor w/ Plain Xetex using the latest
version.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.