[XeTeX] Xdv2pdf: usage of old TFM fonts?

Toralf Senger Senger at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Wed Aug 2 20:32:40 CEST 2006

Danke :))

-----Original Message-----
From: xetex-bounces at tug.org on behalf of Peter Dyballa
Sent: Wed 8/2/2006 7:09 PM
To: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms
Subject: Re: [XeTeX] Xdv2pdf: usage of old TFM fonts?

Am 02.08.2006 um 17:21 schrieb Toralf Senger:

> So I will try to figure out how to complile xdvipdfmx to work with
> XeTeX on a MAC

You'll need some prerequisites:

  . libpaper (to be able to switch to ISO paper formats), http://
packages.debian.org/unstable/source/libpaper
  . FreeType2 - FreeType2-2.2.1 is getting ripe, but you can use
what's inside the XeTeX sources
  . fontconfig (in Apple's X11User.pkg, or http://www.fontconfig.org,
but then you'll need also libexpat because of XML support, in Apple's
X11User.pkg or http://expat.sourceforge.net)
  . standard libraries like png, kpathsea (zlib is in Mac OS X)
  . I think Apple's X11SDK.pkg is also needed in order to find the C
header files

Configure accepts pointers to the necessary libraries and to the C
header files. I think this is a bit too complicated, particularly
when it's standard software like FreeType2 or fontconfig, so I use
environment variables like LDFLAGS or CPPFLAGS to point to the
directories where the library files can be found or to include a
particular search path for the C preprocessor (i.e. cpp or gcc -E).

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.