[XeTeX] XeTeX to (X)HTML

digital donkey digitaldonkey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 09:52:07 CEST 2006

I was wondering if anyone has any experience converting XeTeX LaTeX
documents to (X)HTML.

So far I have looked at the following two TeX to HTML converters:

Ltoh ( http://quong.com/ltoh/ )
Written in Perl. Great customization for handling commands and
environments. This is especially cool since one can wrap fontspec
rules to appropriate style classes in an HTML span tag. But as far as
I can tell it doesn't handle Unicode (though this may be a trivial
fix)

TeX4ht
( http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn.html )
The authoritative TeX to HTML converter. Supports Unicode input and
output natively. However, it processes .dvi files, so it doesn't like
XeTeX by default. I haven't tried feeding XeTeX's .xdv directly to
tex4ht yet.

Thankfully I'm not using math mode, and require only simple semantic
(X)HTML which I can then style with CSS.

Thanks in advance for any input!