[XeTeX] MetaPost with XeTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Apr 12 06:36:41 CEST 2006

On 12/04/2006, at 13:19 , Robert Spence wrote:

>>> 2) Is it possible to call MetaPost from within XeTeX (using
>>> something like mfpic.sty or emp.sty)?
>>
>> In the case of emp, yes, it will work in the same way (haven't
>> used mfpic but I believe it works the same way). --shell-escape is
>> enabled by default in TeXShop, whose author is less concerned
>> about malware TeX files. (I mean, really...)
>
> You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a nice readymade minimal
> example handy, would you?  Not of a malware TeX file, but of a
> XeTeX file successfully calling metapost via emp?  (I'm afraid my
> brain's been on the blink for the past few days, since its last
> encounter with cubic beziers...)

Actually I tried very briefly to do this when I sent the original
message, and I couldn't get it to work. I'm new to metapost and emp,
and the latter seems rather inelegant to my brain; this is, it never
quite works how I suspect and is more complex than it seems to need
to be.

I'll take another look tonight and get back to you, since I see no
reason why it wouldn't work...

Will