XeTeX doc - was: [XeTeX] Newbie ...

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Wed Apr 5 08:20:07 CEST 2006

hiya,

> but it seems like there is absolutely *no* documentation aside from a
> few lines about fonts. Suggestions for how to learn it without
> documentation would be much appreciated.

i suggested something like this earlier, bu ti guess it got lost
among my problems using babel for russian and a few other
languages :) anyway: what about starting a small wiki just for
documentation purposes? it might start out only as some kind of
unordered FAQ list, which might evolve into and ordered and later
even properly outlined dokumentation/howto/... what do you think? i
have seen this work for many other projects, like this:

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/AVR-GCC-Tutorial

it is only user-written and the result is pretty ok! upcoming
important questions and their solutions might actually get compiled
into the XDE (XetexDocumentationEffort :)) very quickly and also
edited as XeTeX itself developes. Starting a new thread we might
discuss a documentation outline as a starting point.

tnx,

martin

p.s.: my paper in moscow got highest mark and i'm back in berlin now
- thanks for all your help :))

--
Martin Henning
martin at easy2design.de