[XeTeX] Re: Re: Re: Fontspec feature request?

Suki Venkat, [TnQ] skvenkat at tnq.co.in
Tue Oct 25 17:40:53 CEST 2005

> As a side note, I don't agree with this. Geometric transformations on
> anything to do with fonts to accommodate sizes and shapes you don't
> have always leads to poor output, in my opinion. (Cf. real versus
> fake italics and small caps.)

I am attaching a PDF that has the fence generated by LaTeX and the one
obtained by scaling in the vertical direction (inner ones are by LaTeX).
I myself can't make out why the LaTeX one is better (I will happy if
somebody could explain that).
(The nice thing about the vertically-scaled fences are that I can cut
"{" from PDF and put it in the UTF-8 text-editor.)

Suki