[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt not found after update

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 19 18:03:23 CEST 2005

On 19 Oct 2005, at 4:46 pm, Stefano Franchi wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

> BTW, the error message I get when trying to run XeTeX (or XLaTeX)
> from TeXShop is the following:
>
> This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.94 (Web2C 7.5.3)
> ---! /Users/stefano/Library/texmf/web2c/xelatex.fmt doesn't match
> xetex.pool
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

I notice that this is an old release of XeTeX (see the version
number); you should update your i-Package to the latest release,
especially if using TL2005. Perhaps you already did so; in that case,
maybe you have an old version somewhere on your system outside of the
TeX installation, which survived the update/reinstall process and is
being found instead of the new one.