[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt not found after update

Stefano Franchi s.franchi at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 19 09:35:27 CEST 2005

On 6 Oct 2005, at 6:39 pm, Florian Grammel wrote:

 > After the recommended update from TL2004 to TL2005 using the i-
 > installer reinstalling XeTeX didn't work for me.
 >
 > TeXShop kept reporting that "xelatex.fmt" couldn't be found. When I
 > looked for the file, both xetex.fmt and xelatex.fmt were actually
 > missing from texmf.local/web2c. Also another attempt to install
 > xetex with the i-installer didn't get them in place, eventhough --
 > like in the first run -- no errors were reported.
 >
 > I got xetex working again by just copying the missing files
 > manually from a friend's installation.
 >
 > Did I make a mistake here or did anybody else have the same problem?

I have the same problem, except that I can't figure out out to solve
it! The files were created in the local texmf tree and TeXShop couldn't
find them. Where should these two files be copied to? I moved them to
the global tree (/usr/local/teTeX/share/web2c) but that didn't help. I
used Wierda i-Installer, BTW.

Thanks for the help.

Stefano
Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64) 9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland			Fax: (64) 9 373-7408
Private Bag 92019				s.franchi at auckland.ac.nz
Auckland
New Zealand

Private Bag 92019				s.franchi at auckland.ac.nz