[XeTeX] Re: XeTeX 1.0 - request for comments

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 18 16:21:04 CEST 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 5:33 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> I have a request which probably is more directed towards Gerben:
> Would it be possible to make the TeX-package more XeTeX-friendly,
> meaning that XeTeX isn't deactivated with every update to TeX?
>
> Thanks for your great work.
>
> simon

Howdy,

I'm not sure this is possible. When TeX is installed it must remove
all the binaries to prevent interference with the new binaries; some
old ones may not exist any longer and then not work properly wit the
new ones so you can't just overwrite the old ones.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)