[XeTeX] Re: Hyphenation pattern for modern Greek (for XeTeX) (Modified by Alexandros D. Gotsis)

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Oct 17 10:13:14 CEST 2005

Hello.

Thanks for this nice work. I'm a little puzzled by the following code
though:

\catcode`~=12
\lccode`<=`< \lccode`>=`> \lccode``=``
\lccode `'=`' \lccode`~=`~ \lccode`"=`"
\lccode `|=`|

Don't you use normal Unicode characters for breathings, accents, iota
subscript and apostrophe? I'm not sure it would require additional
rules if they were used. Unless I'm mistaken, if a character isn't
declared as a letter there can't be any hyphenation before it, so no
risk of having "alpha hyphenation acute", for instance. But maybe I'm
wrong.

Kind regards,

Yves