[XeTeX] XeTeX 1.0 - request for comments

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Oct 17 07:22:48 CEST 2005

15/10/2005, 6am - Jonathan Kew wrote:

> However, before taking such a step, I'd appreciate hearing from
> users if there are any niggling little issues that really should be
> tidied up first.

There's a couple of features we've discussed that I'd like to see.
Unfortunately, I didn't keep a record of them, so I've kind of
forgotten most of them, I suspect.

Foremost, \XeTeXdoesfontexist{} (or something) would be useful, but I
can't remember what for any more. You once proposed that such a
command could tell you what type of font it was (AAT, OT), but I
don't think that'd work too well since there are fonts that are both.

Being able to selectively measure the height and depth of a glyph on
an individual basis might also be nice. (\XeTeXglyphheight{} and
\XeTeXglyphdepth{}, maybe.)

Any more and I'll let you know,

Will