[XeTeX] XeTeX 1.0 - request for comments

=?GB2312?Q?Pavel_Stra=A8=BE=A8=A2k?= stranak at ufal.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Oct 16 09:55:16 CEST 2005

Hello Jonathan,

I might have missed something, but I believe there still is a problem
with CJK line wrapping. Your hack from February 23 works, but you can't
expect regular LaTeX users to figure this out. I can't even understand
how it works.
Here is the relevant quote from Roger Hart and you:

>> Finally, if I might very humbly submit a request -- and I am truly
>> humbled by the work you've done on XeTeX -- could you please make
>> proper wrapping of CJK a priority for the next release? I think that
>> line-wrapping is a very basic capability, it is easy for someone
>> installing XeTeX, on finding CJK lines don't wrap, to just assume
>> that XeTeX is not compatible with CJK.
>
> I'm taking a look at the place where that code needs to be
> inserted..... stay tuned for developments. ;-)
>
> JK

Thanks for all the great work,
Pavel