[XeTeX] Re: xetex.def: spurious space

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Oct 12 00:58:43 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

On 12/10/2005, at 12:37 AM, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> I noticed that there is a spurious space near the end of the
> definition of \convertHEX@:
>
>    \else\ifnum\count@ >9 A%
>    \else \the\count@ \fi\fi\fi\fi\fi\fi}  %% MH: here it is!
>    \edef\next{\egroup\def\noexpand#1{#1}}%
>   \next
> }

Yes, that does look wrong.
It's strange that a similar line earlier in the coding has
a % character after the  } .

> The effect is pretty bad as it will insert a blank space for every
> component in the color argument!

Not that bad really, as multiple consecutive space tokens are
always contracted by TeX as if a single token.
So the most you'll ever see is the effect of just 1 space
  --- but even that can be quite wrong in delicate situations.

Here's a fixed version --- now v0.8 .