[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt not found after update

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 7 00:54:38 CEST 2005

Am 06.10.2005 um 19:39 schrieb Florian Grammel:

> TeXShop kept reporting that "xelatex.fmt" couldn't be found. When I
> looked for the file, both xetex.fmt and xelatex.fmt were actually
> missing from texmf.local/web2c. Also another attempt to install xetex
> with the i-installer didn't get them in place, eventhough -- like in
> the first run -- no errors were reported.

I can confirm too!

Doing a 'sudo fmtutil-sys --missing' creates xelatex.fmt. (xetex.fmt is
never created.)

I think the simple update to the install script could be to check the
existence of fmtutil-sys. If fmtutil-sys exists, then it has to be
used. (Since XeTeX is installed system-wide only.)

--
Greetings

   Pete