[XeTeX] CMYK to RGB conversion in xetex.def

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 6 23:23:00 CEST 2005

Am 06.10.2005 um 17:23 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> the color magenta, corresponding to links of the form http://[...], is
> the same for both variants of manual.pdf, but different for
> XeTeX-notes.pdf

I am no woman (being able to distinguish a few thousand colours) and my
screen is not calibrated, but the "magenta" colour XeTeX generates is
the T-colour, our Telecom's colour. It *is* magenta. pdfTeX and dvips
produce something that could be adequate for a strawberry. Using the
colour picker from the Colour Palette it thinks it's the Web colour
FF3366. The XeTeX colour is determined to be FF00FF, which is correct:
100% red + 100% blue! (I've seen in a few cases pdfTeX choose the wrong
shade.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
          -- Anton Checov