[XeTeX] Hyperref support in XeLaTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 13:20:07 CEST 2005

I've been trying to use XeLaTeX to write a document requiring
hypernavigation features, such as hyperlinks, bookmarks, etc.

According to XeTeX-notes.tex, the hyperref package together with the
dvipdfm option should allow this, at least partly. Hence I used:

\usepackage[dvipdfm,
             colorlinks=true,
             pdfstartview=FitH]{hyperref}

However, doing that I've noticed:

- The bookmarks, either created automatically by \section etc. or
added manually via \label and \ref, work as expected in Adobe Reader
but don't work in Preview or in TeXShop's preview window.

- Making an included graphics a hyperlink doesn't seem to work: the
linked area has the whole width and height of the page, and is
displaced with respect to the upper left corner of this page, as
illustrated by the included screenshot (from Adobe Reader, the linked
area appears black). I tried several possibilities:

\href{http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr/}{\includegraphics[width=200pt]
{LogoLegiPantone}}

\href{http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr/}{\resizebox{200pt}{!}
{\includegraphics{LogoLegiPantone}}}

\resizebox{200pt}{!}{\href{http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr/}
{\includegraphics{LogoLegiPantone}}}

but that doesn't make any difference. The included graphic is a PDF
file LogoLegiPantone.pdf. Not resizing it doesn't make a difference
either.

Are these know limitations of the hyperref support in XeLaTeX? Are
there obvious fixes?

Thanks for any help,

Bruno Voisin