[XeTeX] TECKit warnings

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Nov 29 11:09:51 CET 2005

On 29 Nov 2005, at 2:44 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just noticed that if a font's TECKit mapping doesn't exist, no
> error messages are given. (I'm still on an old XeTeX, though, so
> I'm sorry if this is already taken care of).
>
> Something like this...
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> \font\1="Code2001:mapping=does-not-exist" at 12pt
> \1 abc test ABC TEST ^^^^d835^^^^dc34
> \end{document}
>
> ..should give at least an error message in the console output,
> don't you think?

Currently, feature settings that aren't available in the font get
reported only in the log, not to the console; so that would be the
natural thing to do for the mapping as well. However, you're right,
there's no message at the moment. That should be fixed.

Should these messages appear on the console as well as the log file?
When I originally did them, I was thinking of them as comparable to
the "missing character" messages TeX issues, which go only to the
log. But maybe that was a bad choice.