[XeTeX] Re: maths delimiter design

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 28 11:35:33 CET 2005

Am 28.11.2005 um 03:44 schrieb Will Robertson:

> But there are also blocks of mathematical letters in normal (that is,
> italic), bold, etc., style.
>
> See <http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D400.pdf> that shows the
> range 1D400--1D7FF.

Yes, I know them. I already mentioned these some time ago in a
\usepackage{cmap} thread. AFAIR it was found then that no TeX version
supports codes outside the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP).

Of course TeX, or to be more precise: the PDF creators should go the
way to use glyphs from the Supplementary Multilingual Plane (SMP).
Wouldn't this be the end of solutions based on intermediate PostScript?
And those based on (simple) DVI too? Neither PS nor DVI have attributes
to make a difference between text or math use ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh
away.