[XeTeX] Re: maths delimiter design

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Nov 24 07:52:24 CET 2005

On 24/11/2005, at 4pm, Suki Venkat, [TnQ] wrote:

> ;) If you cut and paste "Küster" from standard LaTeX PDFs it will
> become
> "Kster". It happened to me in my earlier e-mail when I copied "Karel
> Skoupý"; it left out the last character.

This is a complex topic.
In a T1 fontencoded documents, "standard" accents can be copy/pasted
fine. For example,

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\begin{document}
Küster
\end{document}

will give you fine results (in normal LaTeX). For more unusual
characters, different font encodings will help, and so will the cmap
package. I'm not particularly familiar with that package, however.

Of course, using XeTeX will work perfectly in all cases provided that
your font contains the character you want.

Cheers,

Will