Solved: [XeTeX] beginners trouble

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 13 00:26:20 CET 2005

On Nov 12, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Martin Henning wrote:

>> Try
>>
>> \usepackage{euler} % for maths
>
> hmm... why is that? Amsmath etc. won't work anymore? Do i have to
> learn the math commands all over now? :)

Howdy,

This picks the euler font for maths. That is a somewhat informal
looking math font that does work with XeLaTeX. If you use nothing
you'll get maths in Computer Modern. It is also possible to use the
Lucida New Math fonts (if you have them) with the line

\usepackage[vargreek,lucidasmallscale]{lucbmath}

with reasonable success with several text fonts. I think folks will
agree that the state of maths in Xe(La)TeX is fairly primitive and a
difficult problem to solve.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)