[XeTeX] Hyphenation of "--" with tex-text mapping on

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 4 15:44:04 CET 2005

I've just noticed a strange thing, which after all might be normal:
using the Optima font with tex-text mapping, through the fontpec
package and:

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Optima Regular}

then inputting en-dashes in traditional TeX form as --, it turns out
the en-dash may be hyphenated in the middle, yielding the following
output (the input is CNRS--INRA--INSERM--Couperin):