[XeTeX] XeTeX/ConTeXt problem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 13 09:03:33 CEST 2005

On 13 May 2005, at 5:44 am, 정 달영 wrote:

> I think that you need the format for XeTeX-ConTeXt.
> The way of creation is described in the ConTeXt garden(wiki).
> I hope that this helps you.

Besides *creating* the format, I believe it's important to place it in
a /xetex subdirectory within /web2c, because the .fmt file will have
the same name as the ConTeXt format created by pdfetex; they need to be
stored in separate locations with paths set so that each engine finds
the appropriate one, based on the settings in texmf.cnf.

(This became an issue with the newer TL scheme where all engines use
the same .fmt extension. It used to be OK for the formats to all live
in the same location, because their names differed.)