[XeTeX] Tiger font fixes

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 6 14:19:06 CEST 2005

Le 6 mai 05 à 13:28, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 6 May 2005, at 11:53 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Actually that can still be used in XeTeX, by writing e.g.:
>>
>> \DeclareFontShape{U}{hoeftxt}{m}{n}
>>   {<-> "Hoefler\space Text:mapping=tex-text;
>>           Number\space Case=Upper\space Case\space Numbers
>>        "}{}
>>
>> It's only in the Typography font panel that the variant is no
>> longer available.
>
> Are you sure? That doesn't work for me.... I still get the oldstyle
> numerals (and a warning in the .log).

Of course you're right. It was working because the font Hoefler Text
3.7 from Mac OS 9.2.2 in /System Folder/Fonts/ was used and I hadn't
noticed. If I disable this one, such that the font Hoefler Text.dfont
5.0d7e2 from Mac OS X 10.4 in /Library/Fonts/ is used, all numbers
are lowercase and the log contains:

Unknown feature `Number Case=Upper Case Numbers' in font `Hoefler
Text:mapping=
tex-text;Number Case=Upper Case Numbers'.

Bruno