[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Mar 31 12:34:32 CEST 2005

Hello.

I've added some Indian scripts to "sanhyph.tex". I'm not sure I would
know how to describe hyphenation in transliteration. Maybe Somadeva has
something ready which could be included in the file.

When I build a format, the .log file says:

14787 words of font info for 50 preloaded fonts
14 hyphenation exceptions
Hyphenation trie of length 14114 has 191 ops out of 35111
   10 for language 1
   181 for language 0

I hope there's nothing abnormal (for a test I've only included
Sanskrit, which must be language 1 here).

If somebody is willing to check the file it would be a great help. It
might be easier to do it with Yudit, because it displays character
codes (but perhaps some other text editors can do the same): small
glyphs are hard to see when they combine with a preceding digit.

I happen to have no samples of Sanskrit in other scripts than
Devanagari at hand. So I couldn't check yet if the patterns work with
those scripts. I can write some but it would take time. If any were
available somewhere it would be faster; suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards,

Yves