[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Mar 28 11:07:25 CEST 2005

On 28 Mar 2005, at 6:06 PM, Yves Codet wrote:

> Are [Aleph and exTeX] things as user-friendly as Omega?

I haven't used them, I don't know. Aleph is a project with the aim of
integrating eTeX and Omega while fixing the show-stopping bugs that are
one of the reason Omega never got off the ground while it say in CTAN
mouldering. (And has been very successful in that aim, as far as I've
been lead to believe.)

exTeX is, I think, continuing the work of NTS in building a new TeX
from the ground up using a modern architecture with support for unicode
etc. etc. I don't know how far it's got, but there were a couple of
papers in the just past EuroTeX on it so I believe it's actively under
development.

I guess the latter would be the most appropriate vehicle in which to
build a "cross-platform XeTeX" if such a hypothetical beast was ever to
emerge. (I don't see why not, while we're speaking in hypotheticals.)

> Anyway, wherever it should go, I think that "sanhyph.tex" has to be
> submitted by Jonathan, if he doesn't mind, since he's the actual
> author.

Yes!

Will