[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Mar 28 09:36:52 CEST 2005

Le 28 mars 05, à 08:52, Will Robertson a écrit :

> Isn't hyphenation something that is set up during the configure phase
> of i-Installing the whole TeX distribution?

Yes, but...

> Maybe you should submit your hyphenation patterns to CTAN (it's real
> easy, just add a note that it probably won't work for anything besides
> XeTeX for now) and then tell Gerben, rather than JK, to include it...

... they're only necessary for XeTeX users, since hyphenation is
handled by a preprocessor in standard TeX packages. Users of standard
TeX will never need such patterns. It's the same for all Indian
scripts, and perhaps for other languages I don't know. I thought that
XeTeX-specific hyphenation patterns should be distributed with XeTeX,
but maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

Incidentally, they aren't my hyphenation patterns. I merely slightly
modified the ones Jonathan wrote for Hindi. My part in that work is
negligible.

Kind regards,

Yves