[XeTeX] Hiragino Mincho Pro AAT vs. OpenType

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sat Mar 26 11:11:11 CET 2005

Hello

I was under the impression that at present, ATS could only deal with
AAT features.
However, Hiragino Mincho Pro (and the other Japanese fonts) seems to
have both OpenType *and* AAT features -- since TextEdit can access
them, and opentype-info.tex reveals many features as well.

Why then does aat-info.tex not display any features for this font?

This is really just a curiosity, coz I can look in fontforge to see how
the AAT tables have been set up, but it seems a little odd to me.

Cheers,
Will