[XeTeX] Confusion with encoding

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 14:54:59 CET 2005

The reason the adobetypeclassics still worked is because I use the flag
:mapping=tex-text on all of the font definitions. I have noticed one
problem with fontspec/xunicode, which others have mentioned, it tries
to use the default roman font for math. This caused $\hat{\theta}$ to
render some strange symbol when I tried to set up a document to use
Adobe Garamond Pro. I just commented out the portion of fontspec.sty
that deals with math and symbol fonts.

On Mar 25, 2005, at 5:34 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 25 mars 05, à 10:37, Simon Spiegel a écrit :
>
>> I'm now using the latest versions of XeTeX, xunicode and fontspec and
>> I have the problems that typical LaTeX stuff like -- or ,, or ``
>> isn't rendered properly. This works when I use the adobetypeclassic
>> package, but if I understood this correctly this package shouldn't be
>> necessary anymore. I though xunicode would take care of this, but it
>> doesn't.
>
> IIRC this isn't connected with xunicode.sty, but with using the flag
> ":mapping=tex-text" when calling fonts.
>
> Bruno Voisin

A linguist would be shocked to learn that if a set is not closed this
does not mean that it is open, or again that "E is dense in E" does not
mean the same thing as "E is dense in itself".  (J. E. Littlewood)

Prof. Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University
Wooster, Ohio 44691