[XeTeX] line spacing

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Sat Mar 19 12:37:23 CET 2005

Yves Codet wrote:

> XML, so in "pure" Unicode. Unless I missed something, XSLT doesn't allow
> to convert characters. So I have a rule such as:

  You did miss something: translate.  Technically, you could use

<xsl:template match="text()">
  <xsl:value-of select="translate(., '&#xA0;', '~')"/>
<xsl:template/>

  This assumes you do not have ~ characters in your xml data.  No,
translate can't change ~ to \~ – only single-letter translations are
supported.

  Another possibility, but one I never used and have no idea if it
requires XSLT 2.0, so it may not work at all, would be to use
xsl:output-character instead:

<xsl:output-character character="~"      string="\\~"/>
<xsl:output-character character="&#xA0;" string="\\nobreakspace{}"/>

  Then again, as long as your definitions work, there's not much point
in switching.

Christopher