xelatex 0.93 and \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 19 16:19:07 CET 2005

On 3/19/05 8:49 AM, "ritchie" <xetex at mspaintings.com> wrote:

> % XeTeX
> TEXINPUTS.xelatex =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//
> TEXINPUTS.xetex   =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//.
>
> however, in texmf.local/tex, there is no 'latex' directory, though
> there is a xetex and xelatex dir (among others). should that 'latex'
> really read 'xelatex'? changing those two lines to:
>
> % XeTeX
> TEXINPUTS.xelatex =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,xelatex,generic,}//
> TEXINPUTS.xetex   =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

Howdy,

I believe the lines should be

% XeTeX
TEXINPUTS.xelatex =         .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.xetex   =         .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

i.e., the second xetex in the TEXINPUTS line should be xelatex. I don't
think you want to remove the latex since many packages will be found along
that path.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)