[XeTeX] Unknown option `xetex' for package `color'

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Sun Mar 13 15:00:43 CET 2005

Le 13 mars 05, à 13:29, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Unfortunately not. For any variant of TeX to work, there should be
> stuff inside texmf.local. All the map files created during the
> configuration stage of the TeX i-Package should be there, for example.
> Several mandatory components of XeTeX are there, too. It seems your
> TeX setup is severely broken, and I cannot think of anything else than
> redoing the install from scratch.

It doesn't seem to be too serious. After I installed TL2004 and XeTeX
0.93 (I had checked that nothing was left of the previous
installation), I had the same result as Paolo. According to your
preceding mail a line in "texmf.cnf" should read:
	TEXINPUTS.xelatex =	.;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
but in mine it was:
	TEXINPUTS.xelatex =	.;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//
After I modified it, the sample file compiled normally. So apparently
there's a small error in some installation script (which one, you'll
know better than I).

Best wishes,

Yves