[XeTeX] Unknown option `xetex' for package `color'

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 13:29:32 CET 2005

Le 13 mars 05, à 13:24, Paolo Matteucci a écrit :

> I don't have anything in texmf.local (I put all my additions in
> ~/Library/texmf). So it would appear that the only thing left to try
> is
>
>> ...uninstalling the TeX i-Package, verifying that the directory
>> /usr/local/teTeX has been removed completely, then reinstalling TeX
>> and finally XeTeX.
>
> which I'm not too keen on doing at the moment, but might do at some
> point.
>
> If you think of something else I should try, please let me know.

Unfortunately not. For any variant of TeX to work, there should be
stuff inside texmf.local. All the map files created during the
configuration stage of the TeX i-Package should be there, for example.
Several mandatory components of XeTeX are there, too. It seems your TeX
setup is severely broken, and I cannot think of anything else than
redoing the install from scratch.

Bruno