[XeTeX] Unknown option `xetex' for package `color'

Paolo Matteucci p.matteucci at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 13 13:24:10 CET 2005

Bruno,

thank you very much for your "réponse exhaustive"...

> Wait: I'm thinking of something else. Do you have a customized version
> of texmf.cnf inside ~/Library/texmf/, or did you modify the one in
> /usr/local/teTeX/?

It would appear (sudo find / -name texmf.cnf) that I have "only" two
texmf.cnf's: one in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and
the other one in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf. They both contain the
lines

>> % XeTeX
>> TEXINPUTS.xelatex =	.;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
>> TEXINPUTS.xetex   =	.;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

I also ran a "sudo texhash" and reconfigured from scratch both TeX and
XeTeX with the i-Installer: all to no avail.

I don't have anything in texmf.local (I put all my additions in
~/Library/texmf). So it would appear that the only thing left to try is

> ...uninstalling the TeX i-Package, verifying that the directory
> /usr/local/teTeX has been removed completely, then reinstalling TeX
> and finally XeTeX.

which I'm not too keen on doing at the moment, but might do at some
point.

If you think of something else I should try, please let me know.

	Best wishes,

	Paolo