[XeTeX] Math Problem and XeLaTeX

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 6 16:12:14 CET 2005

On 3/5/05 8:55 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at guerilla.net.au> wrote:

> Actually, the problem is my incompetence in dealing with math fonts.
> For the next release of fontspec (can't say when) I'm going to deal
> with this math stuff once and for all.
>
> Simply move the font selecting stuff -after- \begin{document} and
> fontspec won't try to set any of the maths fonts (well, actually it
> will try but LaTeX won't let it). This will have the disadvantage of
> not using the correct font for \sin and \cos etc.
>
> Bruno, I remember that you've got some nice math setups going with
> Hoefler and Lucida. Do you have an example in which \dot's work and
> \sin and \cos are in the correct font?
>
> Sorry for the mess,
>
> Will

Howdy,

As usual, I bring up a rat's nest!!! I'd love to use XeLaTeX more but my
problems with maths makes me keep my distance. If CM maths looked ok with
Hoefler I'd be satisfied but it is quite a bit too light. I must admit I
don't like Euler, it's way too off beat for me. Even Lucida New Math is a
bit light but better than CM.

As usual with experimental SW things take a while to work out. If I was more
competent with font stuff I'd even try to help. Thanks for all the work you
and Ross and, especially Jonathan have done; it is wonderful to be able to
use the fonts available on the system fairly easily---at least for text.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)