[XeTeX] Math Problem and XeLaTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Mar 6 03:55:06 CET 2005

On 6 Mar 2005, at 7:10 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 5 mars 05, à 18:06, Herb Schulz a écrit :
>
>> The text is:
>>
>> Here are ``dotted'' and ``ddotted'' \(x\)'s in math mode: \(\dot
>> x=\ddot
>> x\). And now in displayed math mode:
>> \[
>> \dot x=\ddot x.
>> \]
>
> It appears the problem is caused by the Lucida fonts

Actually, the problem is my incompetence in dealing with math fonts.
For the next release of fontspec (can't say when) I'm going to deal
with this math stuff once and for all.

Simply move the font selecting stuff -after- \begin{document} and
fontspec won't try to set any of the maths fonts (well, actually it
will try but LaTeX won't let it). This will have the disadvantage of
not using the correct font for \sin and \cos etc.

Bruno, I remember that you've got some nice math setups going with
Hoefler and Lucida. Do you have an example in which \dot's work and
\sin and \cos are in the correct font?

Sorry for the mess,

Will