[XeTeX] Wanted: "exotic" OpenType examples

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Mar 3 14:29:24 CET 2005

Hello!

Thanks for the responses on my recent request for some help assembling
some OpenType features in fontspec dealing with other scripts and
languages. Rather than try and release my new version of fontspec and
then hope it all works, I'm now just looking for Plain XeTeX examples
so I can test fontspec's workings on my end. (I must be getting
cautious...)

I'm looking for a few short examples for the documentation -- and for
my own interest :) -- of scripts (and languages if possible!) that need
to be explicitly activated. I'm hoping for something along the lines of

   \font\1="Code2000:script=XXXX" at 12pt
   \font\2="Code2000" at 12pt
   \1 [Some text that renders correctly]
   \2 [Some text that renders incorrectly because the script wasn't
defined]

If I can see it working in Plain XeTeX, I can then go ahead and verify
that it works with the fontspec interface.

I've seen the long samples that Jonathan has put together for the
samples, and they're wonderful, but I was hoping for something a little
more succinct (and also showing how things break as well)...and I'm
totally out of my depth!

Many many thanks in advance for any help. Contributions will be
included in the documentation with acknowledgements and whatever
explanation is provided (if any!) on the text and rendering.

Will Robertson