[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.91 released

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Mar 3 10:06:23 CET 2005

On 3 Mar 2005, at 4:51 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> On 03/03/2005, at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> I've released XeTeX 0.91, at http://scripts.sil.org/xetex and through
>> i-Installer. Get it while it's fresh! ;-)
>>
>> The main new feature of this release is that it provides a mechanism
>> for line-breaking in text such as Chinese that is written without
>> word spacing. I'll update the "XeTeX notes" file and post an example
>> shortly; meanwhile anyone who wants to experiment with it can ask me
>> for a sample file.
>
> Also, Jonathan has left it to me to announce that my package
> utf8accents.sty
> has been updated to v0.5 and the name has changed to become
> xunicode.sty .
> [snip]
> So Will (regarding  fontspec ), and others who have written packages
> that rely on  utf8accents.sty , please rewrite the relevant parts
> of those packages.

Luckily I've just been preparing an update to fontspec so I can release
the changes very soon. Thanks heaps for your work with this package. I
know you know how useful it is :)

I think actually I will remove the requirement from fontspec to use
xunicode, since they don't really interact. If there're any requests to
change the name of my package to xfont I could probably be persuaded...

Will