[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.91 released

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Mar 3 07:21:43 CET 2005

Hi all,

On 03/03/2005, at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I've released XeTeX 0.91, at http://scripts.sil.org/xetex and through
> i-Installer. Get it while it's fresh! ;-)
>
> The main new feature of this release is that it provides a mechanism
> for line-breaking in text such as Chinese that is written without word
> spacing. I'll update the "XeTeX notes" file and post an example
> shortly; meanwhile anyone who wants to experiment with it can ask me
> for a sample file.

Also, Jonathan has left it to me to announce that my package
utf8accents.sty
has been updated to v0.5 and the name has changed to become
xunicode.sty .

It's available from   http://scripts.sil.org/xetex   as previously,
if you need to install it separately.

The main differences are:

    a.  Empty accents now work; e.g. previously
         \~{}  \~{ } \~\   \'{}  etc.
        just didn't work at all --- now they do.

    b.  \textasciitilde  gives the ~ character,
        whereas formerly it gave a raised, small ~ accent
           (use  \~{}  to get the old behaviour).
        Other accents are similar, where LaTeX uses
        a \textascii....  command with some encodings.

    c.  The name better reflects the purpose of the package.

So Will (regarding  fontspec ), and others who have written packages
that rely on  utf8accents.sty , please rewrite the relevant parts
of those packages.

I'd suggest that you use coding such as:

   \IfFileExists{xunicode.sty}
     {\RequirePackage{xunicode}}
     {\RequirePackage{utf8accents}}

to test whether the later version is available on the TeX system.

> (Yes, I know, I also need to provide notes and samples for the input
> encoding support that was added a couple of releases ago....)
>
> I've also fixed the bug that resulted in images with embedded
> ColorSync profiles causing xdv2pdf to fail.
>
> Jonathan

Cheers

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114