[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.91 released

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 3 06:14:46 CET 2005

Works perfectly on the files I tested! Many many thanks!!!

Also, one question, if I could. I don't know if it's something I didn't
set up correctly, but I couldn't get characters in the CJK Unified
Ideographs Ext. B to appear.  Is that a mistake on my part, and if not,
is that easy to fix?

Again, my most sincere thanks for this truly wonderful improvement over
current TeX solutions for non-European languages!!

Best,

Roger

On Mar 2, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2005, at 10:36 pm, Roger Hart wrote:
>
>> On Mar 2, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>> I've released XeTeX 0.91, at http://scripts.sil.org/xetex and
>>> through i-Installer. Get it while it's fresh! ;-)
>>>
>>> The main new feature of this release is that it provides a mechanism
>>> for line-breaking in text such as Chinese that is written without
>>> word spacing. I'll update the "XeTeX notes" file and post an example
>>> shortly; meanwhile anyone who wants to experiment with it can ask me
>>> for a sample file.
>>
>> This is really fantastic news!  So many thanks for all your efforts!
>
> You're welcome; I thought you might be pleased. :)
>
> If you'd like to try this, just say:
>
> 	\XeTeXlinebreaklocale "zh"
> 	\XeTeXlinebreakskip = 0pt plus 1pt
> 	\XeTeXlinebreakpenalty = 100
>
> before some Chinese text, and you should get appropriate line-breaking
> behavior (no need for that active-character hack I proposed
> previously; it should "just work").
>
> JK

Roger Hart
Assistant Professor, Departments of History and Asian Studies
University of Texas at Austin

office: Room 405, Garrison Hall
office phone: 512-475-7258
department fax: 512-475-7222